How Much Is My Home Worth?
If you’re like most people who are wanting to sell their home, you are wondering how much money you might get when you sell. There are many sites out there that will show you homes that have sold in your area, but most of them do not provide an accurate picture. Their information is often out-dated, and you can’t really tell how those homes compare to yours.
As a licensed Realtor, I look at all the homes that are comparable to yours and which have recently sold. This information enables me to tell you what you can realistically expect. I can also tell you approximately how much you will have after closing costs and commission is factored into the equation. Click here to find out how much your home might be worth in today’s market!
How Can I Get the Most for My Home?
There are a number of things you can do to help your house sell fast and for the best price:
- Spruce up Your Landscaping Curb appeal is the first impression potential buyers get. A neatly kept and nicely planted yard tells them that your home has been well cared for.
- Keep it Clean! Make sure beds are made, dishes are washed and put away, toys are picked up… you get the picture!
- De-clutter If you have too much furniture or things covering every available surface, your house looks small and cramped. Move some of your things into storage if you must.
- No Smelly Foods Avoid cooking smelly foods and/or frying. That fried fish with a side of cooked cabbage will have to wait!
- Give Fido a Bath A house that smells like dog is a big turn-off to prospective buyers. If you have a cat, make sure the litter pan is clean and in an inconspicuous place.